Pages

March 26, 2010

And so it begins... P90X

Guess what arrived in our mailbox the other day??? Duhn duhn duuuuuuhn...

P90X
baby! In preparation for Scott's cousin Ryan and Melissa's wedding in early June, we decided it was about time to jump on the fitness train. Well, that... and the fact we were probably ever-so-slightly brainwashed by the infomercials that have roped us in each and every Saturday morning for the past few months.

In the last week Scott and I have accumulated a collection of fitness paraphernalia that consists of free weights (my wussy 6lb ones for the stand-in-place cardio exercises... I mean come on, I am not jumping around with 20lb weights for 60 minutes to begin with... I'd give up by day 3!), a chin-up bar for the doorway, and an elastic resistance band (I made sure to get a cloth-covered one in case of any slingshot-style accident).
We're on a mission to find some yoga mats this weekend that do not cost $45 a piece. And yes, I do get some sick satisfaction and excitement thinking thinking about the week that Scott will be forced to do yoga.  And now for "downward dog!" 

We originally were going to try to do P90X in the basement... but given the unfortunate circumstances of last week (and the fact that Scott's head is only a couple inches away from touching the ceiling, we'll be moving our "gym" into the living room and kicking off the torture this week.


If you don't hear from me by Monday, call 9-1-1! I may have to invest in a Life Alert (Remember those?!! "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!")

3 comments:

  1. Ginger, you went to the dark side!!! Let me know how it goes. I'll try to remember to follow your posts if you're going to keep us updated on the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can get cheap yoga mats at target :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely keep you posted! And Natalie, good tip -- we bought some great ones at Target! They were actually exercise mats since the yoga ones were quite thin and we needed a little extra padding on the hardwood floors!!

    ReplyDelete