Pages

April 1, 2010

Poll: Choosing the Wedding Colors

One of the hardest choices I've had to make so far... picking the wedding colors. Especially a wedding in the Fall. When they have to coordinate with the invitations, tuxes, decorations, flowers, the cake... ay caramba!

I feel like I should be choosing reds, oranges or golds yet those just aren't really "me." Is it weird to have summer-ish colors in October? Blue is my favorite color, hands down -- but I also want to pick something that looks nice in the pictures, which will most likely have Fall foliage in the background! Decisions, decisions...


Then, once you pick the main color, where do you go from there? Blue and silver? Blue and white? Blue and green and white? Yikes!! I wish I had my super-sized Crayola crayon box (with sharpener, obvii) handy!
I want to hear your thoughts! Below are a few colors for bridesmaids' dresses from the "Shop By Color" section on DavidsBridal.com that I keep going back to... what do you think?


6 comments:

  1. All of these colors are great. But, the clover reminds me of the leaves just before they start to turn. Plus, it will go well with any other "fall" colors you choose for flowers, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say Apple or clover but you also need to consider a color that best compliments you, your skin color and hair color because it is all about you that day. you don't want to pick a color that you would never wear yourself!! good luck :0)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the Apple and Clover. If I had to lean toward one it would probably be the clover. I do like the Marine too. Big help I am!! Have fun deciding!

    JoAnne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is a fetching mauve option? Or peach? Think Golden Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If blue is your favorite, then pick blue! It's your day, so you should get to pick whatever color you choose! I don't care what season it is, my bridesmaids are wearing pink dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha all excellent points!! Minus the mauve/peach Miss Traut -- you know damn well that Irish/English complexions dominate the wedding party!! You guys would all look naked!!

    ReplyDelete